Suche/Souchet

timster56
male
Sisääntulotila: Graafinen
Selailu: Graafinen
Tarkastele heidän sukupuutaan.

Suche/Souchet

Viesti Kirjoittaja timster56 »

Hello, Searching for my Suche family descendants of Ireland.

I am looking for info on my GG Grandfathers Joseph Suche parents. I have gotten as far as possible searching online so far and found his descendants of his coming forward but have not been able to advance beyond his birth born in "1793" in Co. Tipperary,Munster Province in the diocese of Cashel & Emly.Married in 1819 in sames diocese and passed in 1877 in Westport, Co Mayo, Ireland where he lived almost all of his life.

Believe the family originated in France and fled mid to late 1700's. Believed to be of Huguenot decent.
" Family story has it that the Suche origins were in France as "Souchet" or "de La Zouche" where, around the time of the French Revolution, one of the boys, a " Peter Anthony(Pierre Antoine)Souchet ", was smuggled out of the country to Greenwich, disguised as a girl, later settling in Limerick, Ireland, to establish the family in that country."

Don't know if they did follow the path of the story or if they went direct to Ireland or through England then to Ireland. A few references and names of Suche in Limerick and Cork but timeline doesn't match so those will have to be descendants of a brother? or cousin ?(Eyre Suche). Any possible info or guidance would be greatly appreciated as there are so many references to the Suche name in France I have been restricting my search's to the Bretange region... but they could be from a lot of areas,

Sincerely Tim Suche Sept 7,2020

Palaa sivulle “United Kingdom”