mudgeeclarke
male
Sisääntulotila: Graafinen
Selailu: Graafinen
Tarkastele heidän sukupuutaan.

The Richard Clarke Enigma

Viesti Kirjoittaja mudgeeclarke »

Hello All,

I have just joined Geneanet to see what I can find here in my seemingly life long search for the father of my Great Grandfather Richard Clarke, b c1831 probably Fulbourn, Cambridgeshire England, born NPE to Eliza Clarke b1810 of that village. Richard also had a younger brother Alfred b1836 also NPE. (Eliza subsequently married a James Hart in 1839, but he apparently never laid claim to the boys, and they remained Clarke)

By way of introduction, I can say that I have done every possible DNA test, aDNA, Y to Y700, and mtDNA FMS U3b2a. (German/Polish/Romano) The results are posted widely. My abbreviated tree is here now at this site, and my autosomal DNA has been uploaded.

I also have a page on Facebook called ‘The Richard Clarke Enigma’ with some background notes etc, although the page gets very little interest (understandably). I do spend a few moments every day (all over) looking at possibilities and leads. My closest YDNA paternal match at Y700 (only two of us seem to be listed anywhere for now at Y R-FT165188) has just this week been able to discover through paper records/DNA Y37 at FTDNA the answer to their previously unknown paternal (NPE) Canadian connection. At the moment it seems that the discovery has no significant connection to me and so I am still casting for answers in England. My Canadian close match found a close result at Y37, but I am only matched at Y25 not at Y37 and not closely). I do have one hint for anyone ready to do a simple search for Richard Clarke. The ‘e’ on Clarke seems to be optional at times, but he always used the ‘e’. And remember this. Richard was born in England c1831, sailed for Australia 1856, never came back to the UK, and died in Australia 1912. I always have to apply the “where did he die” rule when I search for a Richard in England. :D

So here I am, in my 43rd year of the search to solve the enigma.

Perhaps here I will make a discovery. I would be happy !

Palaa sivulle “United Kingdom”