Vastaa Viestiin

Translation from Polish

cjoki1
male
I am looking to find my relatives that lived in Poland or Ukraine in the early 1980s . I have a letter that my aunt sent but I am am not able to read and translate the addresses. Perhaps if someone in the forum can read and translate these to English for me and reply that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Carl Joki
Liitteet
20200222_124246.jpg

bartoszm
male
Hi!

Indeed, some of the addresses are written in the Cyrillic alphabet.

The translation is:

Maria Zielińska and Michał Halabicki

First address: Ternopol Oblast (Province)/Тернопільська область, Husiatyń Raion (District)/Гусятинський район, Peremiłów village/Перемилов село.

Second address the same: Ternopol Oblast (Province)/Тернопільська область, Husiatyń Raion (District)/Гусятинський район, Peremiłów village/Перемилов село. With added name: Galabicki Petro. "G" and "H" in some cases are interchangeable in Ukrainian and Russian, so "Galabicki" surname is actually the same as "Halabicki".

Here is the link to the Wikipedia article on Peremiłów (though in Russian): https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9F%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B2

Best regards,
Bartosz Mikołajczyk

cjoki1
male
Thank you for replying to my post.

Your translations and suggestions will help me locate where my grandmother Anastasia came from. Anastasia came to Canada in 1906 the same year as Kazimier . They met in Thunderbay , Ontario , Canada (Port Arthur) and married in 1908. I am unable to find any information on where he was from and how he got to Canada. He had a sister Ann (Rudiak) Mrs. William Ruzglo ( Ruzylo) living in Poland according to his obituary. I am hoping they both came from the same area and knew each other. With the information you supplied will help my search. I have included a Post I made in 2011.

Thank You.

Carl Joki.
Liitteet
Kazimier Rudiak.pdf
(2.83 MiB) Tiedosto ladattu 9 kertaa

Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Family History Searches”