Vastaa Viestiin

family of antoine pominville & josephte rousseau

ricco1949
male
Sukupuu: Graafinen
Tarkastele heidän sukupuutaan.
this couple married in laprairie near montreal in 1799 and had many children,several of whom died,before antoines death in 1816. from what i can find,the oldest,josephte,was born in 1799 but died in 1801 age 2. no other josephtes were found in the birth records of this family,who all appear to have been born in lachine. now for the problem. a josephte bro,who listed antoine & josephte as her parents,married michel tremblay in lachine in 1819. obvious this couldnt be the child who died in 1801. also,in the marriage record,this josephte is listed as majeur,or 21+,but even the josephte born in 1799,if she had lived,wouldnt have been majeur in 1819 at age 20. and to confuse things even more,a nazette(josephte?) pominville died in roxton falls in 1885,where her daughter elizabeth had married olivier desforges in 1851,and later removed to rhode island and eventually massachusetts.in the 1885 death her age is given asc 99(?) making her born about 1786,far too old for the josephte in question so it seems,unless this was a mistake/typo like the name nazette. the husband was noted as basile tremblay,which if this is the correct subject,should have been michel. so all these things,nazette/josephte? the exaggerated age of 99,and the incorrect name of basile rather than michel,could possibly all be typos. very confusing. i'm guessing that this josephte may have been informally adopted by the bro pominville family after the oldest child died in 1801, either from another member of the family,or from outside the family,and possibly renamed after the deceased child,but theres no way to verify this. i see no other possibility as its doubtful some other josephte bro dit pominville would have given the names of antoine & josephte as the parents. i tried contacting the parish of ste anges de lachine for a compiled list of all children born to this couple from 1799 to 1816 but they declined. most likely this wouldn't help anyway,as any josephte born after 1799 wouldnt have been majeur in 1819. any insight or help would be most appreciated. michel tremblay and josephte bro/pominville were my 3rd great grandparents through my maternal grandfathers lines. to unravel this mystery after 20 years research would be great-but very unlikely.

ddennisboudreau
male
Here's what I have compiled on the family of Antoine and Josèphe Bro–Pominville:

n=birth; b=baptized; m=married; d=died; s=buried;
Rg =according to the parish registers of (place name); pm=godparents; tem=witnesses;
selon=according to; ond=baptized by necessity; names of churches are in brackets

Antoine BRO dit POMINVILLE (François & Agathe Sarrasin–DePelteau); d (selon d of his daughter Félicité, bef Jan 1817) Lachine, QC ca 1816.
Maire-Josèphe ROUSSEAU dite LABONTÉ (Amable & Marguerite-Louise Boyer)
m Rg Laprairie, QC [Notre Dame] 8 Apr 1799

Children:

1-Josèphe, n & b Rg Lachine, QC 11 Aug 1799 (pm. François Pominville & Marguerite-Louise Boyer, grandparents); d/s Rg Lachine1/2 Oct 1801 (tem. Jean Demers, Jacques Mathurin & SanSouci, sexton) (2y).

2-Antoine, n & b Rg Laprairie, QC 15 Aug 1800 (pm. Louis Rousseau, uncle & Catherine Boyer); no death record found.

3-Basile, n & b Rg Lachine, QC 10 Dec 1801 (pm. Basile Roy–LaPensée & Suzanne Maranda).

3-Antoine, n/b Rg Lachine, QC 15/16 Feb 1803 (pm. François Roy–Lapensée & Josèphe Pagé); no death record found.

5-Josèphe, m Rg Lachine, QC [SS. Anges] 16 Aug 1819 Michel TREMBLAY (Nicolas & Marguerite Simard). [from what I can determine, one of these two Antoines (probably the second) was probably a female and registered incorrectly… or there is a child's baptism missing right after them and before Clothilde; and would have been this child, Josèphe; the indication of "major daughter" at her marriage also seems to have been an error]

6-Clothilde, n & b Rg Lachine, QC 28 Apr 1808 (pm. François Athanase–Normandeau & Marguerite Deleigne); d/s Rg Lachine, QC 2/3 May 1806 (tém. François …, SanSouci, sexton & Joseph … [missing info covered by masking tape]) (3d).

7-Julie, n/b Rg Lachine, QC 17/18 Apr 1809 (pm. Jean-Baptiste Trudeau & Agathe Gagné); d/s Rg Lachine, QC 25/27 May 1814 (tem. Louis Delage & Louis Dufresne) (6y).

8-Marie-Charles, n & b Rg Lachine, QC 27 Oct 1811 (pm. Pierre Tessier–Lavigne & Marie-Charles Gagnier); m (as Marguerite) Rg Lachine, QC [SS Anges] 14 Feb 1831 Narcisse McNABB (John & Marie-Anne Lachapelle).

9-Félicité, n/b Rg Lachine, QC 17/18 Nov 1812 (pm. Joseph Barbeau & Marie-Amable Gravelle); d/s Rg Lachine, QC 14/16 Jan 1817 (tem. Amédée Fillion & Louis Delage) (4y)

10-Pierre, n/b Rg Lachine, QC 6/7 Feb 1814 (pm. Pierre Guy & Marie-Adélaïde Lefebvre).

11-Unnamed Male Child, n & ond Lachine, QC 10 Oct 1815; s Rg Lachine, QC 15 Oct 1815 (tem. Louis Delage & Antoine Souchereau) (abt 4d).

For the record, no church would have given you a complete list like this. If not already compiled by a genealogical society, you personally would have to go through the parish registers page-by-page to find them. When nearly twenty years of records are involved, this is a very time-consuming request, and should not be expected from parishes by researchers (especially now that such resources are online and can be consulted personally).
Viimeksi muokannut ddennisboudreau, 19 Maaliskuu 2020, 21:53. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.

ricco1949
male
i thank you for your time and effort. but as you can see,other than the first child named josephe,born in 1799 anddying in 1801,there are no others in the list of births to antoine pominville and josephe rousseau. my guess is that after the loss of the josephe who died in 1801,they informally adopted or took in another child, renaming her after the deceased child. possibly she was a child of another family member related to this family. no way to know this of course,unless such information was found in the parish records. thats the original reason i contacted the parish of ste. anges de lachine-to see if there was some records that might have cleared this up. now you see the mystery. no other josephes listed as born to this couple,but a josephe marrying in 1819 and claiming antoine and josephe as her parents. and to add to the confusion,a nazette (josephe?) pominville is recorded in the death records of roxton falls in 1885. listed as 99 ans,which would be way off,and listing the husband as basile tremblay (michel?). either the wrong person,or crazy typos. i was told be a genealogist years ago that most likely this is the josephe bro dit pominville that married michel tremblay in 1819. theres logic to this,as michel tremblay and"josephe" pominville lived in roxton falls for many years,as their daughter,elizabeth,resided there with her husband olivier desforges until they left for the states. their son,basile,was my great grandfather. most likely the name basile was an error for the name michel in the 1885 death record. the given age of 99 is bizarre. that would have made this josephe born about 1786. i've been doing french canadian genealogical research for 20 years and never seen anything so strange. thanks again for compiling the list of children born to antoine and josephe. it didn't surprise me that no other josephe's were found. plus,the 1st josephe,born in 1799,wouldn't have been majeur in 1819(age 20) never mind any younger siblings. shewould have been mineue. but again,another probable typo. sad that most of these children died as infants,beginning with the 1st child,the mysterious josephe.

ddennisboudreau
male
I just found a son Basile, born in 1801, who would have been Josephe's brother, and added him to this list, so now there are 11 children found, rather than 10. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck in your search to resolve these problems.

ricco1949
male
thats where the name basile may have been inadvertently noted as the late husband of nazette/josephe in roxton falls in 1885. lots of basiles. my great grandfather was basile desforges,born in 1862 in roxton falls,son of olivier desforges and elizabeth tremblay,josephes daughter. it appears virtually all of these children of antoine and josephe were born in lachine,except one. i pretty much knew it was a dead end,as i would have found something after 20 years. and if it was as i suspect,an informal adoption or, that will never be revealed. just one of those missing links you can never find. ran into some of this in my fathers italian lines. total dead ends. thanks again

Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Family History Searches”