Vastaa Viestiin

Devlin Walter George Born 1854 Belfast Ireland

lizzie247
lizzie247
Sisääntulotila: Graafinen
Selailu: Graafinen
Tarkastele heidän sukupuutaan.
Walter George Devlin, parents Walter Devlin a hotelkeeper and Terise Platt. . Moved to NZ around 1873 and married Kate Black and died July 13 1925. I am looking for any information on where he grew up and his actual birth date and all of his parents info. I am at a dead end. :( Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you
elwynsoutter
male
Birth registration only started in Ireland in 1864 so you won’t get a birth certificate for Walter born 1854. You might find his baptism but to do that you would need to know his precise denomination and ideally which church he attended.

I searched the RC baptisms for him, anywhere in Ireland, but did not find anyone named Walter Devlin in the records, at any time. Perhaps he was from a Protestant denomination? In which case many of the records are not on-line. Searching those records involves a trip top PRONI, the public record office in Belfast.

I looked in the Belfast street directories for the 1840s and 1850s for a Walter Devlin, hotel-keeper, but did not see anyone of that name listed.

Elwyn
lizzie247
lizzie247
Sisääntulotila: Graafinen
Selailu: Graafinen
Tarkastele heidän sukupuutaan.
Thank you so much. I will try As you suggest and see what happens
Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Ireland”