Vastaa Viestiin

Problem with Geneanet iPhone app

robertmyers
male
Sukupuu: Graafinen
Tarkastele heidän sukupuutaan.
I have a premium account and am able to access my family tree from my computer or by using links from within emails sent to me from Geneanet on my iPhone by using my user name and password.

However using the same user name and password when trying to open the Geneanet iPhone app I get a message saying incorrect user name or password.

Please could you help me with this problem.
Robert Myers

jyb
jyb
Administrator
The Geneanet mobile app has been discontinued and is not supported anymore.

You can use the Geneanet website on your mobile as it's responsive.

Please read below the newsletter we sent in December 2018 about the mobile app:

Evolution of the mobile app

You are a user of the Geneanet mobile app for Android and iOS which allows you to view and edit your Geneanet family tree.

We will soon remove the mobile app from Google Play and the Apple App Store.

You can still use the mobile app on your smartphone and your tablet but if you uninstall it or if you change your device, you will not be able to install the app again.

The mobile app will not be updated and fixed anymore.

Why are we doing this?

The actual version of the mobile app has problems you have certainly noticed: unexpected shutdown, connection issues, pictures not saved, etc.

These problems are caused by significant technical changes in the mobile devices environment which means that it is not possible to fix our mobile app anymore.

A website optimized for display on mobile devices

At this time, Geneanet choose to increase its efforts on the mobile version of your family tree by proposing a responsive website for several years now:
- a single website, whether you use your computer, your tablet or your smartphone
- a website that automatically adjusts to your device's screen
- an interface designed for easy use with a touchscreen

We continue to work for making Geneanet and your family tree more user friendly on mobile devices and touchscreens.

In parallel to this constant work, we think about the laucnh of a new mobile app, without hurry, to make sure that it meets your needs.
Best wishes,

Jean-Yves BAXTER
GeneaNet

Please read our help pages and tips to improve your genealogy research and to grow your family tree:

- https://en.geneanet.org/help/
- https://en.geneanet.org/genealogyblog/category/geneanet_tips

robertmyers
male
Thank you for your reply. Since the app has been discontinued it would be a good thing if you removed it from the iPhone App Store.
Robert Myers

Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Geneanet Help & Support”